Re: [new_distillers] scorched mash

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2005
      OHHh ! the smell.My condolances on the demise of your mash. I tried to distill mine and the likker still stinks. Best to add hot water if you can. I now use an aluminium plate to difuse the heat.

      Cary Rhodes <rhodeseng@...> wrote: Oh, as an addendum.

      I must have had too much time on my hands this weekend. I cooked a
      corn meal and barley malt mash and scorched the mixture.

      I guess my pot wasn't big enough to keep enough liquid in the pot.

      Nothing like a 5 gallon pot of scorched grits.

      cary r