Re: [new_distillers] Re: Test # 3

  • Roderick Holmes
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2005
      Bob,
      Sounds like you need some power control to reduce the power of your 4500 watt element once you come up to temperature.

      I am using a sutronics controller I mailed order from England. Cost me about $60 and worth every penny. I did not find it in the United States. What it does is pulse the voltage going to your element and it is variable. Keeps a nice steady reduced heat flowing. There are other devices available in the USA that do the same thing but I did not find them easily. Especially if you want to control a heavy load like a 4500 watt element.

      The boil rate once you come up to temperature is a gentle boil, not a rolling boil. For my 15L boiler, that means pumping in about 1000 watts of power into the wash.

      Roderick.

      Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bob_the_borg"
      <bob_the_borg@y...> wrote:
      That's what made me impatient. Well, that and the 9 Miller Lites.

      Now Bob, ya know ya shouldn't be drivin' thet thar contraption unner
      th' 'nfluence (hic!). Might do yerself a mischief!! ;-)

      Seriously, it's not wise to drink while distilling. You could miss
      something important, like the still running dry when you pass out
      (yeah they were lights, but YMMV). Might upset your fire insurance
      man.

      Moderator

      Corporate culture Distillers Business culture of china Organizational culture Culture change Cell culture