Re: Help!!!! Can't get fermentation to work on corn mash

  • Cary Rhodes
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7 11:10 AM
      Mike

      I have had variable results with the conversion process. I have
      never tried with corn malt. I assume you are preparing your own
      sprouted corn.

      I have had better results using wheat malt. Sources tell me the corn
      malt is harder to achieve.

      You are grinding the malt just prior to stiring it into the mash. I
      use a coffee grinder for this.

      Sometimes it converts and sometimes it doesn't. When I suspect there
      is a problem I add sugar to make sure there is fermentables in there.

      Then save the grain and 'slop back' on the next batch.

      just my experiences.

      cary r

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mnbryant2001"