Re: Question on using the mini still

  • Alexander
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2005
      Hi Alex.....thanks for the reply.....
      I put the first batch thru...and the best I got was 76%ABV...First 2
      litres were at 76%, then next litre was 65% then the 4th was 62%ABV

      I packed the column fairly tightly....and the temp was hovering
      around the 78 - 80 degs.
      I assumed that the %ABV would be higher.
      IS there something I am doing wrong....or is this what is to be
      expected??
      Alexander

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, _{*L*}_ <bokakob@y...> wrote:

      > Alexander, it is OK... Hot distillate means that the still works
      efficiently, just cooling off vapors enough to collect the spirit.

      > Alexander <amr_services@y...> wrote:Ok...just put together the
      mini still as per Alex's plans...and ran some vinegar and water thru
      it.
      > Can anyone tell me what the temperature of the distillate out
      should be???? As the condensate that was coming out was quite
      hot...is that ok? Alexander

      > _{*L*}_
      > http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

    • _{*L*}_