Re: Quick question on VM (was)New still, first run

  • morganfield1
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 5, 2005
      Actually, I make whiskeys, rum, and other flavored drinks. What I'd
      like to achieve is about a solid 80% on the first run, and save me the
      time waiting for a second boil up. I found myself a nice piece of 1/8th
      inch (about 4mm) copper tubing and wound up a nice little (about 4 in.)
      reflux coil to hang in my column, thru the top cap. I don't plan to
      have the top open, as I don't believe the coil is big enough to totally
      condense the vapors. The column is open to air thru the lyne arm. Any
      recomendations would be aprieciated. Thanks,
      Tip one, Morgan