Re: [new_distillers] Question on using the mini still

  • _{*L*}_
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2005
      Alexander, it is OK... Hot distillate means that the still works efficiently, just cooling off vapors enough to collect the spirit.

      Alexander <amr_services@...> wrote:Ok...just put together the mini still as per Alex's plans...and ran some vinegar and water thru it.
      Can anyone tell me what the temperature of the distillate out should be???? As the condensate that was coming out was quite hot...is that ok? Alexander

      _{*L*}_
      http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

    • Alexander
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2005
        Hi Alex.....thanks for the reply.....
        I put the first batch thru...and the best I got was 76%ABV...First 2
        litres were at 76%, then next litre was 65% then the 4th was 62%ABV

        I packed the column fairly tightly....and the temp was hovering
        around the 78 - 80 degs.
        I assumed that the %ABV would be higher.
        IS there something I am doing wrong....or is this what is to be
        expected??
        Alexander