Re: [new_distillers] Using a plastic condensor coil??

  • Ian Macsween
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
      When I first started this wonderful hobby - I was using a clear (food grade)
      plastic beaker to test percentage alcohol. Only used it twice when it
      turned opaque and showed other signs of disintegrating. I think that a good
      rule is never to use plastic where it comes in direct contact with the
      spirit. Ian
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
        Not aside from a funny plastic taste in your spirit and some plastic
        dissolved in it. Copper is the way to go.