RE: [new_distillers] Where should the copper go ?

  • D. C.
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
      << Question is, should the copper come into contact with the ethanol
      actually IN the wash, or should it be when the ethanol is a vapour (mix the
      copper bits in with the S/S scrubbers used as packing in the column) ? >>

      I have found in my years of distilling, that when the vapor comes in contact
      with copper it imparts a flavor to the final product. I have also found
      that, while it does offer a bit of difference, copper in contact with the
      wash does not have as much of an effect.

      Therefore, due to my experiments and years of working knowledge, I have come
      to the conclusion that in order to gain the desirable flavoring that copper
      adds, it is beneficial to have copper in the area that the most vapor will
      be in contact with it.

      Sincerely,
      David M. Cunningham

      NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
      intended by CWDigiTech for the use of the named individual or entity to
      which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or
      otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail
      transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
      forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by
      telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.