Re: [new_distillers] Questions about my wash?

  • Ian Macsween
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001
      Bakers' yeast is too slow for your purposes. Treat yourself to a packet of
      Turbo yeast, add 8kg sugar, dissolve the sugar in hot tap water, then top up
      you vat to 25lt. When your wash has cooled to 22 c or so, add the Turbo
      yeast and a day later it will be working like crazy. Don't forget to stir
      it every day. You don't need an air lock - just keep it covered! With
      bakers' yeast you will get very low alcohol - with Turbo you can get up to
      20%. Good luck!