Re: [new_distillers] clearing agent

  • lucky666
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
      Scott

      I've been adding the clearing agent to the wash while in the same container & haven't had any trouble - wasn't even aware that some people thought you should move to another - what is their reasoning?

      As for covering - yep - do it - don't trust them air-borne nasties.

      Enjoy

      Phil
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
        thanks for the quick help...i am going to forward you a book on home
        distilling that i downloaded...some good stuff in there....also
        about how long does it take the clearing agent to work...thanks
        scott--- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "lucky666"
        <lucky666@g...> wrote:

        > Scott
        >
        > I've been adding the clearing agent to the wash while in the same
        container & haven't had any trouble - wasn't even aware that some
        people thought you should move to another - what is their reasoning?

        > As for covering - yep - do it - don't trust them air-borne nasties.
        >
        > Enjoy
        >
        > Phil

        6/10/2005

      • pj_nut
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
          Hi
          I dont know where you are located,but here in Australia,I use a
          product called "turbo clear" made by Still spirits its great,you use
          it 24 hours before you distill,really clears your wash you do it in
          the same container
          Andrew
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "vodkadaddy1950"

          http://archive.nnytech.net/
          > > FAQ and other information available at
          http://homedistiller.org

          Terms

          Date:
          > 6/10/2005

        • lucky666
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
            Thanks Scott - look forward to having a browse

            The clarifier I use here in Oz is a Still Spirits Turbo Clear - don't know if it is available in US. It recommends letting stand for 24 hours, but seems to work a bit better after 48 hours - even left it for a few days once, without any noticable side-effects.

            Enjoy

            Phil

            <lucky666@g...> wrote:

            > Scott
            >
            > I've been adding the clearing agent to the wash while in the same
            container & haven't had any trouble - wasn't even aware that some
            people thought you should move to another - what is their reasoning?

            > As for covering - yep - do it - don't trust them air-borne nasties.
            >
            > Enjoy
            >
            > Phil

            6/10/2005

          • vodkadaddy1950
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
              please send me your email address...thanks scott--- In

              Date:
              > 6/10/2005

              of Service.

              -----------

              6/10/2005

            • sonum norbu
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
                I don't bother with clearing and usually distill a day or two after
                ferment stops, but I use a ball tearer pot still with gas heating and it
                seems to work fine. Am I doing something wrong? Blanikdog

                Date:
                > 6/10/2005

                SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
                http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/