clearing agent

  • vodkadaddy1950
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
      is it ok to add a clearing agent to the same vessel that i fermented
      in....or is it imperative to move the mash to another vessel 1st....i
      am hearing two different thoughts on this subject....and should the
      vessel be covered or not...somebody please respond asap...
      thanks, scott from dallas
    • lucky666
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
        Scott

        I've been adding the clearing agent to the wash while in the same container & haven't had any trouble - wasn't even aware that some people thought you should move to another - what is their reasoning?

        As for covering - yep - do it - don't trust them air-borne nasties.

        Enjoy

        Phil

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
          thanks for the quick help...i am going to forward you a book on home
          distilling that i downloaded...some good stuff in there....also
          about how long does it take the clearing agent to work...thanks
          scott--- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "lucky666"
          <lucky666@g...> wrote:

          > Scott
          >
          > I've been adding the clearing agent to the wash while in the same
          container & haven't had any trouble - wasn't even aware that some
          people thought you should move to another - what is their reasoning?

          > As for covering - yep - do it - don't trust them air-borne nasties.
          >
          > Enjoy
          >
          > Phil

          6/10/2005

        • pj_nut
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
            Hi
            I dont know where you are located,but here in Australia,I use a
            product called "turbo clear" made by Still spirits its great,you use
            it 24 hours before you distill,really clears your wash you do it in
            the same container
            Andrew
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "vodkadaddy1950"

            http://archive.nnytech.net/
            > > FAQ and other information available at
            http://homedistiller.org

            Terms

            Date:
            > 6/10/2005

          • lucky666
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
              Thanks Scott - look forward to having a browse

              The clarifier I use here in Oz is a Still Spirits Turbo Clear - don't know if it is available in US. It recommends letting stand for 24 hours, but seems to work a bit better after 48 hours - even left it for a few days once, without any noticable side-effects.

              Enjoy

              Phil

              <lucky666@g...> wrote:

              > Scott
              >
              > I've been adding the clearing agent to the wash while in the same
              container & haven't had any trouble - wasn't even aware that some
              people thought you should move to another - what is their reasoning?

              > As for covering - yep - do it - don't trust them air-borne nasties.
              >
              > Enjoy
              >
              > Phil

              6/10/2005

            • vodkadaddy1950
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
                please send me your email address...thanks scott--- In

                Date:
                > 6/10/2005

                of Service.

                -----------

                6/10/2005

              • sonum norbu
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 7, 2005
                  I don't bother with clearing and usually distill a day or two after
                  ferment stops, but I use a ball tearer pot still with gas heating and it
                  seems to work fine. Am I doing something wrong? Blanikdog

                  <jscott315@c...> wrote:

                  > thanks for the quick help...i am going to forward you a book on
                  home
                  > distilling that i downloaded...some good stuff in there....also
                  > about how long does it take the clearing agent to work...thanks
                  > scott--- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "lucky666"
                  > <lucky666@g...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Scott
                  > >
                  > > I've been adding the clearing agent to the wash while in the
                  same
                  > container & haven't had any trouble - wasn't even aware that some
                  > people thought you should move to another - what is their
                  reasoning?

                  > > As for covering - yep - do it - don't trust them air-borne
                  nasties.

                  > > Enjoy
                  > >
                  > > Phil

                  Terms