Homedistiller.org

  • oldelsey
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
      Dont think I have ever known the site to be down for so long ?
      The old saying stolen by Women applies here :You dont know what you
      have till you cant get it: or something like that !Like selling your
      ute/pickup then having to do a rubbish run!
      Has anyone an update on the position ?

      Regards.............Ken.
    • stevolate
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
        Hi Ken
        Would you like the 2 zip files for the site sent to you.
        Stevo

        > Dont think I have ever known the site to be down for so long ?
        > The old saying stolen by Women applies here :You dont know what you
        > have till you cant get it: or something like that !Like selling your
        > ute/pickup then having to do a rubbish run!
        > Has anyone an update on the position ?
        >
        > Regards.............Ken.
      • KJH
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
          Hi Stevolate, Sure would if its not too much agro !
          merlin@...
          All the Breast........Ken.
          > Would you like the 2 zip files for the site sent to you.
          > Stevo
          >
          >> Dont think I have ever known the site to be down for so long ?
          >> The old saying stolen by Women applies here :You dont know what you
          >> have till you cant get it: or something like that !Like selling your
          >> ute/pickup then having to do a rubbish run!
          >> Has anyone an update on the position ?
          >>
          >> Regards.............Ken.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Figment
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
            I wonder if it's possible that those files could be placed in our file
            section somewhere, since this question seems to come up repeatedly?
            I'd like them too as I was not prescient enough to download the site
            while I had the chance! ;->

            -Fig

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "stevolate" <stevolate@y...>
            wrote:
            > Hi Ken
            > Would you like the 2 zip files for the site sent to you.
            > Stevo
            >
            > > Dont think I have ever known the site to be down for so long ?
            > > The old saying stolen by Women applies here :You dont know what you
            > > have till you cant get it: or something like that !Like selling
            your
            > > ute/pickup then having to do a rubbish run!
            > > Has anyone an update on the position ?
            > >
            > > Regards.............Ken.
          • Mark Wabster
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
              Isn't the homedistillers website available on a mirror
              site somewhere?

              I recall it was once some time back, and I searched
              the archive on "homedistillers mirror site" to no
              avail.

              Any commentary on this?

              Cheerz Wab

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/X3SVTD/izNLAA/E2hLAA/e8NolB/TM

              > http://archive.nnytech.net/
              > FAQ and other information available at
              > http://homedistiller.org
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://au.movies.yahoo.com
            • jehan.yves
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
                At 08:31 PM 10/3/2005, you wrote:
                >Isn't the homedistillers website available on a mirror
                >site somewhere?
                I hope Tony doesn't mind....I had the three zip files on my
                hard drive and they are now in a folder on this group.

                JehanYves
              • Figment
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
                  Thanks! I've made up for my previous lack of foresight.

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jehan.yves" <jehan.yves@s...>
                  wrote:
                  > At 08:31 PM 10/3/2005, you wrote:
                  > >Isn't the homedistillers website available on a mirror
                  > >site somewhere?
                  > I hope Tony doesn't mind....I had the three zip files on my
                  > hard drive and they are now in a folder on this group.
                  20/

                  > JehanYves
                • stevolate
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 4, 2005
                    Hi Jehan
                    I have 2 files on my computer that are 1931KB and 4615KB your
                    files are 887KB and 1069KB and 1011KB they do not seem large enough.
                    If anyone needs the 2 larger files post a request and I will send them
                    to you.

                    Happy drinking

                    Stevo

                    > >Isn't the homedistillers website available on a mirror
                    > >site somewhere?
                    > I hope Tony doesn't mind....I had the three zip files on my
                    > hard drive and they are now in a folder on this group.
                    >
                    > JehanYves
                  • Derek Hamlet
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 5, 2005
                      Steve,
                      Is there a way of uploading those files somewhere so I can get my
                      hands on them.
                      I don't know if you could send them to me as an attachment.
                      I visit tony's site regularly. I always viewed it a a kind of
                      adjunct to my books.
                      With the site down it's kind of like a family friend just died.
                      Fortunately I'm into full swing winemaking season right now, so
                      probably won't even get back to distilling for another month, but,
                      damnit I need access to that info.
                      Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
                      At 04:40 AM 10/4/05, you wrote:
                      >Hi Jehan
                      > I have 2 files on my computer that are 1931KB and 4615KB your
                      >files are 887KB and 1069KB and 1011KB they do not seem large enough.
                      >If anyone needs the 2 larger files post a request and I will send them
                      >to you.
                      >
                      >Happy drinking
                      >
                      >Stevo
                      >

                      > > >Isn't the homedistillers website available on a mirror
                      > > >site somewhere?
                      > > I hope Tony doesn't mind....I had the three zip files on my
                      > > hard drive and they are now in a folder on this group.
                      > >
                      > > JehanYves

                      >Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Derek
                      Victoria, B. C.
                      Canada
                    • beo
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 6, 2005
                        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "stevolate" wrote:
                        > Hi Jehan,
                        > I have 2 files on my computer that are 1931KB and 4615KB your
                        > files are 887KB and 1069KB and 1011KB they do not seem large enough.
                        > If anyone needs the 2 larger files post a request and I will send them
                        > to you.

                        According to the timestamps in the homedistiller.org zipfiles posted
                        by Jehan in the files section the information is from around september
                        1, 2001. Probably your zipfiles are from a more recent date, so if you
                        can post these zips, please do!

                        > Happy drinking
                        > Stevo

                        Regards, Jan.

                        PS. The mirror site was http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller/
                        Unfortunately this point to homedistiller.org now...
                      • stephens@phsc.vic.edu.au
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 7, 2005
                          Yes Please, if you could post the newer files Please do.

                          If it is ok by the auther, (Ill have to send an email, ill host it on my server untill the auther can bring the site back up.

                          Regards

                          Fuel

                          > > I have 2 files on my computer that are 1931KB and 4615KB your
                          >
                          > > files are 887KB and 1069KB and 1011KB they do not seem large
                          > enough.
                          > > If anyone needs the 2 larger files post a request and I will
                          > send them
                          >
                          > > to you.
                          >

                          > According to the timestamps in the homedistiller.org zipfiles posted
                          >
                          > by Jehan in the files section the information is from around september
                          >
                          > 1, 2001. Probably your zipfiles are from a more recent date, so if you
                          >
                          > can post these zips, please do!
                          >

                          > > Happy drinking
                          >
                          > > Stevo
                          >

                          > Regards, Jan.
                          >

                          > PS. The mirror site was http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller/
                          >
                          > Unfortunately this point to homedistiller.org now...
                          >

                          > </tt>
                          >

                          > <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->
                          >

                          > <tt>
                          > New Distillers group archives are at http:

                          > </tt>
                          >

                          > <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->
                          >

                          > <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

                          > <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
                          > <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
                          >

                          > <ul>
                          > <tt><li type=square> Visit your group "new_distillers" on the web.
                          > </tt>
                          > <tt><li type=square> To unsubscribe from this group, send an
                          > email to:
                          > </tt>
                          > <tt><li type=square> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.</tt>
                          > </ul>

                          > <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
                          >
                          > <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

                          ---
                          stephens@...
                          http://www.phsc.vic.edu.au/
                        • stephens@phsc.vic.edu.au
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 7, 2005
                            Yes Please, if you could post the newer files Please do.

                            If it is ok by the auther, (Ill have to send an email, ill host it on my server untill the auther can bring the site back up.

                            Regards

                            Fuel
                            PS, sorry i am new to yahoo groups and am still learning.

                            > > I have 2 files on my computer that are 1931KB and 4615KB your
                            >
                            > > files are 887KB and 1069KB and 1011KB they do not seem large
                            > enough.
                            > > If anyone needs the 2 larger files post a request and I will
                            > send them
                            >
                            > > to you.
                            >

                            > According to the timestamps in the homedistiller.org zipfiles posted
                            >
                            > by Jehan in the files section the information is from around september
                            >
                            > 1, 2001. Probably your zipfiles are from a more recent date, so if you
                            >
                            > can post these zips, please do!
                            >

                            > > Happy drinking
                            >
                            > > Stevo
                            >

                            > Regards, Jan.
                            >

                            > PS. The mirror site was http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller/
                            >
                            > Unfortunately this point to homedistiller.org now...
                            >

                            > </tt>
                            >

                            > <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->
                            >

                            > <tt>
                            > New Distillers group archives are at http:

                            > </tt>
                            >

                            > <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->
                            >

                            > <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

                            > <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
                            > <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
                            >

                            > <ul>
                            > <tt><li type=square> Visit your group "new_distillers" on the web.
                            > </tt>
                            > <tt><li type=square> To unsubscribe from this group, send an
                            > email to:
                            > </tt>
                            > <tt><li type=square> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.</tt>
                            > </ul>

                            > <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
                            >
                            > <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

                            ---
                            stephens@...
                            http://www.phsc.vic.edu.au/

                            Organizational culture Culture change Organization culture

                          • stevolate
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 7, 2005
                              Hi Fuel
                              Harry has them in the TastyLime Library now
                              Use Harrys links below.
                              Happy drinking
                              Stevo

                              Mirror location...
                              Click on mirrors, left of screen

                              ...or...
                              http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/News.htm

                              http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/Listings2.htm#Mirrors
                              Click the graphic

                              > Yes Please, if you could post the newer files Please do.
                              >
                              > If it is ok by the auther, (Ill have to send an email, ill host it
                              on my server untill the auther can bring the site back up.

                              > Regards
                              >
                              > Fuel

                            • KJH
                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 7, 2005
                                Gday Fuel,I sent you the files but they rejected them as limit is only 4.5g
                                ?
                                Can u fix and I will resend...........Zip=4.5 exe=8.1

                                Regards.....Ken.

                              • stephens@phsc.vic.edu.au
                                Message 15 of 15 , Oct 8, 2005
                                  No worries mate I managed to grab them from the moirror site.
                                  They do make for good reading.

                                  Thanks Again

                                  Regards

                                  Fuel