Re: [new_distillers] Re: fermentation expectations

  • sonum norbu
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005
      I'm quite new at this also as my past endeavors have been concentrated on
      beer and wine. From Scots description, I seem to do exactly as he does
      and get spectacular results. I use boiling water to dissolve the sugar,
      top it up with cold water giving a temp of about 26c and toss in the SS
      turbo yeast. Put the whole shebang into my tea chest fermentation box and
      WHAMMMMO!!! The og is around 130 and a week later it's 0.99 or less. It's
      always a bit slow to start a heavy ferment so maybe next time I'll add
      more boiling water to start it faster however, I do need time to get it
      from the house to the shed. :) Maybe it is a temp problem he has as our
      ambient temp seldom goes below 18c at this time of the year. There is
      nothing more frustrating than waiting for a ferment to start!!!!!!!
      blanikdog