Re: I can't find a still!!!!

  • riki
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi John!
      Thank you for your answer!
      I know Alba very well...I live not too far from there!
      Then...5 lt. are a few...I'd like a still of at least 10 lt.
      I'm going to look for a bigger one, or for somebody who can modify
      the one you saw in Alba.
      I'm going to tell you something sure as soon as possible.
      Thank you again!
      See you soon, Riccardo

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wisbey"
      <johnwisbey@l...> wrote:
      > Hi Riccardo.
      > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt.
      olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well.
      Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about
      100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these
      stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
      > John Wisbey
      >
      > e-mail: johnwisbey@l...
      >
      > www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com
      www.nicltd.co.uk
    • joeatsalot
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
        How do you find the PDA1? Works well? Am I right in thinking it's a
        valved reflux column?

        wrote:
        > Hi Riccardo.
        > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt.
        olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well. Here
        in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about 100Euro
        with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these stills they
        might be able to make a larger boiler.
        > John Wisbey
      • mr done
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
            --- riki <righign@...> wrote:

            > Hi John!
            > Thank you for your answer!
            > I know Alba very well...I live not too far from
            > there!
            > Then...5 lt. are a few...I'd like a still of at
            > least 10 lt.
            > I'm going to look for a bigger one, or for somebody
            > who can modify
            > the one you saw in Alba.
            > I'm going to tell you something sure as soon as
            > possible.
            > Thank you again!
            > See you soon, Riccardo
            >

            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wisbey"
            >
            > <johnwisbey@l...> wrote:
            > > Hi Riccardo.
            > > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and
            > fitted it to a 50lt.
            > olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it
            > works very well.
            > Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper
            > still for about
            > 100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a
            > manufacturer of these
            > stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
            > > John Wisbey
            > >
            > > e-mail: johnwisbey@l...
            > >
            > > www.piedmontproperty.com
            > www.piedmont-holidays.com
            > www.nicltd.co.uk

          • mr done
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
              Regards JOhn, If your looking for a still, see the
              enclosed attachment, it's of a still I'm currently
              restoring...we are set to craft a top for it of
              copper, and have a wrought iron bench made for it.
              It's from the early 1800 circa 1830, from Pittsburgh
              Pa, and was made by the company of Howard & Rodgers at
              Front and Second street. It is a beautifully made
              piece of history and the workmanship is one of a kind.
              Its a pot still and will have a ball top made (about
              18" round and approximately a three to four foot spout
              of copper made to fit) I can provide you further
              photos should you be interested...You can reach me
              directly at: marshal7002@...
              The still is in nearly working order (needs cleaned
              out and when set the spout need "Set" by tapping the
              ring around it to seal it. The top is to be crafted
              by another that fabricates metal for aircraft. It'
              approximately 80 gallon and weighs about 90 pounds.
              It's not cheap, as it is a museum piece, in working
              order. I buy and sell items of rareity, and recently
              aquired the still in may. and have been researching it
              and making arrangements to have it restored....further
              questions should be mailed to me at the above e-mail
              address thankyou Thom.

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                Thom,
                In future can you please heed the group rules and keep all commercial
                transactions out of the messages. It's not that hard to use direct
                email to the parties concerned. Your cooperation in this matter is
                appreciated.

              • abbababbaccc
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 31, 2005
                  http://www.amphora-society.com/ It's a Liquid Management still, said to
                  be the best commercial still nowadays. Valved reflux column is probably
                  the offset head thingie with two control valves. That one is based on
                  LM principle as well, although with slight modifications it can also be
                  used as a reflux management system.

                  - Riku

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "joeatsalot" <joeatsalot@y...>