Re: I can't find a still!!!!

  • riki
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
      Thank everybody for your answers!!
      Unfortunatly I can't open the web site you gave me...it doesn't work!

      To joe giffen: could you give me the e-mail address of "GAROFOLI
      SPA" (if you know it)?
      Thanks again!
      If you have other advices...I hope you're going to communicate them
      to me! (Sorry for my English...!)
      See you soon, Riccardo!

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "KJH" <merlin@b...> wrote:
      > http://homedistiller.org instructions a plenty, do your own
      thing.
      > Ken

      Service.

      > > ---------------------------------

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • John Wisbey
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
        Hi Riccardo.
        I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt. olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well. Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about 100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
        John Wisbey

        e-mail: johnwisbey@...

        www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com www.nicltd.co.uk

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
          Hi John!
          Thank you for your answer!
          I know Alba very well...I live not too far from there!
          Then...5 lt. are a few...I'd like a still of at least 10 lt.
          I'm going to look for a bigger one, or for somebody who can modify
          the one you saw in Alba.
          I'm going to tell you something sure as soon as possible.
          Thank you again!
          See you soon, Riccardo

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wisbey"
          <johnwisbey@l...> wrote:
          > Hi Riccardo.
          > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt.
          olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well.
          Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about
          100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these
          stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
          > John Wisbey
          >
          > e-mail: johnwisbey@l...
          >
          > www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com
          www.nicltd.co.uk
        • joeatsalot
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
            How do you find the PDA1? Works well? Am I right in thinking it's a
            valved reflux column?

            wrote:
            > Hi Riccardo.
            > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt.
            olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well. Here
            in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about 100Euro
            with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these stills they
            might be able to make a larger boiler.
            > John Wisbey
          • mr done
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                --- riki <righign@...> wrote:

                > Hi John!
                > Thank you for your answer!
                > I know Alba very well...I live not too far from
                > there!
                > Then...5 lt. are a few...I'd like a still of at
                > least 10 lt.
                > I'm going to look for a bigger one, or for somebody
                > who can modify
                > the one you saw in Alba.
                > I'm going to tell you something sure as soon as
                > possible.
                > Thank you again!
                > See you soon, Riccardo
                >

                > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wisbey"
                >
                > <johnwisbey@l...> wrote:
                > > Hi Riccardo.
                > > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and
                > fitted it to a 50lt.
                > olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it
                > works very well.
                > Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper
                > still for about
                > 100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a
                > manufacturer of these
                > stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
                > > John Wisbey
                > >
                > > e-mail: johnwisbey@l...
                > >
                > > www.piedmontproperty.com
                > www.piedmont-holidays.com
                > www.nicltd.co.uk

              • mr done
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                  Regards JOhn, If your looking for a still, see the
                  enclosed attachment, it's of a still I'm currently
                  restoring...we are set to craft a top for it of
                  copper, and have a wrought iron bench made for it.
                  It's from the early 1800 circa 1830, from Pittsburgh
                  Pa, and was made by the company of Howard & Rodgers at
                  Front and Second street. It is a beautifully made
                  piece of history and the workmanship is one of a kind.
                  Its a pot still and will have a ball top made (about
                  18" round and approximately a three to four foot spout
                  of copper made to fit) I can provide you further
                  photos should you be interested...You can reach me
                  directly at: marshal7002@...
                  The still is in nearly working order (needs cleaned
                  out and when set the spout need "Set" by tapping the
                  ring around it to seal it. The top is to be crafted
                  by another that fabricates metal for aircraft. It'
                  approximately 80 gallon and weighs about 90 pounds.
                  It's not cheap, as it is a museum piece, in working
                  order. I buy and sell items of rareity, and recently
                  aquired the still in may. and have been researching it
                  and making arrangements to have it restored....further
                  questions should be mailed to me at the above e-mail
                  address thankyou Thom.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                    Thom,
                    In future can you please heed the group rules and keep all commercial
                    transactions out of the messages. It's not that hard to use direct
                    email to the parties concerned. Your cooperation in this matter is
                    appreciated.

                  • abbababbaccc
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 31, 2005
                      http://www.amphora-society.com/ It's a Liquid Management still, said to
                      be the best commercial still nowadays. Valved reflux column is probably
                      the offset head thingie with two control valves. That one is based on
                      LM principle as well, although with slight modifications it can also be
                      used as a reflux management system.

                      - Riku

                      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "joeatsalot" <joeatsalot@y...>