Re: [new_distillers] I can't find a still!!!!

  • joe giffen
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hi Ricardo,
      You can buy a larger still in italy (30/50ltrs.) from GAROFOLI SPA tel.no.0744750160. It is called an EVAPORIZER and is made for the home market.
      Good luck
      Joe

      riki <righign@...> wrote:
      Hello!
      I'm Riccardo, from Italy.
      I'd like to buy a still to make "grappa" and other distilled by myself
      but I can't find it here, because low doesn't allowe to buy stills
      bigger than 3 lt.
      I'd like to know if I can find one of them in your country (also used
      ones), or if somebody of you can teach me to build one by myself.
      I hope you can help me!
      See you soon, Riccardo.

    • KJH
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
        http://homedistiller.org instructions a plenty, do your own thing.
        Ken

        > I'd like to buy a still to make "grappa" and other distilled by myself
        > but I can't find it here, because low doesn't allowe to buy stills
        > bigger than 3 lt.
        > I'd like to know if I can find one of them in your country (also used
        > ones), or if somebody of you can teach me to build one by myself.
        > I hope you can help me!
        > See you soon, Riccardo.

        > ---------------------------------

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • riki
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
          Thank everybody for your answers!!
          Unfortunatly I can't open the web site you gave me...it doesn't work!

          To joe giffen: could you give me the e-mail address of "GAROFOLI
          SPA" (if you know it)?
          Thanks again!
          If you have other advices...I hope you're going to communicate them
          to me! (Sorry for my English...!)
          See you soon, Riccardo!

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "KJH" <merlin@b...> wrote:
          > http://homedistiller.org instructions a plenty, do your own
          thing.
          > Ken

          Service.

          > > ---------------------------------

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • John Wisbey
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
            Hi Riccardo.
            I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt. olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well. Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about 100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
            John Wisbey

            e-mail: johnwisbey@...

            www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com www.nicltd.co.uk

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
              Hi John!
              Thank you for your answer!
              I know Alba very well...I live not too far from there!
              Then...5 lt. are a few...I'd like a still of at least 10 lt.
              I'm going to look for a bigger one, or for somebody who can modify
              the one you saw in Alba.
              I'm going to tell you something sure as soon as possible.
              Thank you again!
              See you soon, Riccardo

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wisbey"
              <johnwisbey@l...> wrote:
              > Hi Riccardo.
              > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt.
              olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well.
              Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about
              100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these
              stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
              > John Wisbey
              >
              > e-mail: johnwisbey@l...
              >
              > www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com
              www.nicltd.co.uk
            • joeatsalot
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                How do you find the PDA1? Works well? Am I right in thinking it's a
                valved reflux column?

                wrote:
                > Hi Riccardo.
                > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt.
                olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well. Here
                in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about 100Euro
                with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these stills they
                might be able to make a larger boiler.
                > John Wisbey
              • mr done
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                    --- riki <righign@...> wrote:

                    > Hi John!
                    > Thank you for your answer!
                    > I know Alba very well...I live not too far from
                    > there!
                    > Then...5 lt. are a few...I'd like a still of at
                    > least 10 lt.
                    > I'm going to look for a bigger one, or for somebody
                    > who can modify
                    > the one you saw in Alba.
                    > I'm going to tell you something sure as soon as
                    > possible.
                    > Thank you again!
                    > See you soon, Riccardo
                    >

                    > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wisbey"
                    >
                    > <johnwisbey@l...> wrote:
                    > > Hi Riccardo.
                    > > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and
                    > fitted it to a 50lt.
                    > olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it
                    > works very well.
                    > Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper
                    > still for about
                    > 100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a
                    > manufacturer of these
                    > stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
                    > > John Wisbey
                    > >
                    > > e-mail: johnwisbey@l...
                    > >
                    > > www.piedmontproperty.com
                    > www.piedmont-holidays.com
                    > www.nicltd.co.uk

                  • mr done
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                      Regards JOhn, If your looking for a still, see the
                      enclosed attachment, it's of a still I'm currently
                      restoring...we are set to craft a top for it of
                      copper, and have a wrought iron bench made for it.
                      It's from the early 1800 circa 1830, from Pittsburgh
                      Pa, and was made by the company of Howard & Rodgers at
                      Front and Second street. It is a beautifully made
                      piece of history and the workmanship is one of a kind.
                      Its a pot still and will have a ball top made (about
                      18" round and approximately a three to four foot spout
                      of copper made to fit) I can provide you further
                      photos should you be interested...You can reach me
                      directly at: marshal7002@...
                      The still is in nearly working order (needs cleaned
                      out and when set the spout need "Set" by tapping the
                      ring around it to seal it. The top is to be crafted
                      by another that fabricates metal for aircraft. It'
                      approximately 80 gallon and weighs about 90 pounds.
                      It's not cheap, as it is a museum piece, in working
                      order. I buy and sell items of rareity, and recently
                      aquired the still in may. and have been researching it
                      and making arrangements to have it restored....further
                      questions should be mailed to me at the above e-mail
                      address thankyou Thom.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                        Thom,
                        In future can you please heed the group rules and keep all commercial
                        transactions out of the messages. It's not that hard to use direct
                        email to the parties concerned. Your cooperation in this matter is
                        appreciated.

                      • abbababbaccc
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 31, 2005
                          http://www.amphora-society.com/ It's a Liquid Management still, said to
                          be the best commercial still nowadays. Valved reflux column is probably
                          the offset head thingie with two control valves. That one is based on
                          LM principle as well, although with slight modifications it can also be
                          used as a reflux management system.

                          - Riku

                          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "joeatsalot" <joeatsalot@y...>