Re: [new_distillers] calculations

  • oliminun
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2005
      Try this. 40% x (Total Volume of mix)
      75%

      For ex: 40 x _1000ml
      75

      Would give you a 533 ml of 75% and 1000-533 = 466 ml water.

      Total volume = 533 + 466 = 999 ml and that's because I rounded of decimals, in fact you get a bit less because mixing water and spirit makes the volume shrink a bit.

      Regards,
      Reima

      From: "Robert Thomas"
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

      to every litre add (75/40)-1 litres water.
      Cheers,
      Rob.

      --- sonum norbu <blanik@...> wrote:

      > Is there an easy way to calculate dilution rate of
      > spirit eg 75% to 40%, without using tony's wonderful
      > calculator?? Blanikdog...ps Harry, I got raw suger
      > at $1.00 a Kg and am in the process of producing my
      > best batch ever. thanks. dawg
      >
      > "Most of the troubles of the world are caused by
      > human beings". (Shakyamuni Buddha)

      > IRC server tessnet.cx
      >

      > --
      >
      > Powered by Outblaze

      Cheers,
      Rob.

      Corporate culture Distillers Business culture of china
      Organizational culture Culture change Organization culture

      SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
      http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/
      IRC server tessnet.cx