I can't find a still!!!!

  • riki
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hello!
      I'm Riccardo, from Italy.
      I'd like to buy a still to make "grappa" and other distilled by myself
      but I can't find it here, because low doesn't allowe to buy stills
      bigger than 3 lt.
      I'd like to know if I can find one of them in your country (also used
      ones), or if somebody of you can teach me to build one by myself.
      I hope you can help me!
      See you soon, Riccardo.
    • chuck smith
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 30, 2005
        there is a pot still maker in spain

        riki <righign@...> wrote:Hello!
        I'm Riccardo, from Italy.
        I'd like to buy a still to make "grappa" and other distilled by myself
        but I can't find it here, because low doesn't allowe to buy stills
        bigger than 3 lt.
        I'd like to know if I can find one of them in your country (also used
        ones), or if somebody of you can teach me to build one by myself.
        I hope you can help me!
        See you soon, Riccardo.

        ---------------------------------

      • joe giffen

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
            http://homedistiller.org instructions a plenty, do your own thing.
            Ken

            > I'd like to buy a still to make "grappa" and other distilled by myself
            > but I can't find it here, because low doesn't allowe to buy stills
            > bigger than 3 lt.
            > I'd like to know if I can find one of them in your country (also used
            > ones), or if somebody of you can teach me to build one by myself.
            > I hope you can help me!
            > See you soon, Riccardo.

            > ---------------------------------

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • riki
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
              Thank everybody for your answers!!
              Unfortunatly I can't open the web site you gave me...it doesn't work!

              To joe giffen: could you give me the e-mail address of "GAROFOLI
              SPA" (if you know it)?
              Thanks again!
              If you have other advices...I hope you're going to communicate them
              to me! (Sorry for my English...!)
              See you soon, Riccardo!

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "KJH" <merlin@b...> wrote:
              > http://homedistiller.org instructions a plenty, do your own
              thing.
              > Ken

              Service.

              > > ---------------------------------

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • John Wisbey
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                Hi Riccardo.
                I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt. olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well. Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about 100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
                John Wisbey

                e-mail: johnwisbey@...

                www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com www.nicltd.co.uk

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                  Hi John!
                  Thank you for your answer!
                  I know Alba very well...I live not too far from there!
                  Then...5 lt. are a few...I'd like a still of at least 10 lt.
                  I'm going to look for a bigger one, or for somebody who can modify
                  the one you saw in Alba.
                  I'm going to tell you something sure as soon as possible.
                  Thank you again!
                  See you soon, Riccardo

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wisbey"
                  <johnwisbey@l...> wrote:
                  > Hi Riccardo.
                  > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt.
                  olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well.
                  Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about
                  100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these
                  stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
                  > John Wisbey
                  >
                  > e-mail: johnwisbey@l...
                  >
                  > www.piedmontproperty.com www.piedmont-holidays.com
                  www.nicltd.co.uk
                • joeatsalot
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                    How do you find the PDA1? Works well? Am I right in thinking it's a
                    valved reflux column?

                    wrote:
                    > Hi Riccardo.
                    > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and fitted it to a 50lt.
                    olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it works very well. Here
                    in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper still for about 100Euro
                    with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a manufacturer of these stills they
                    might be able to make a larger boiler.
                    > John Wisbey
                  • mr done
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                        --- riki <righign@...> wrote:

                        > Hi John!
                        > Thank you for your answer!
                        > I know Alba very well...I live not too far from
                        > there!
                        > Then...5 lt. are a few...I'd like a still of at
                        > least 10 lt.
                        > I'm going to look for a bigger one, or for somebody
                        > who can modify
                        > the one you saw in Alba.
                        > I'm going to tell you something sure as soon as
                        > possible.
                        > Thank you again!
                        > See you soon, Riccardo
                        >

                        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wisbey"
                        >
                        > <johnwisbey@l...> wrote:
                        > > Hi Riccardo.
                        > > I bought a PDA 1 from Amphora-society.com and
                        > fitted it to a 50lt.
                        > olive oil can. It is not a cheap option, but it
                        > works very well.
                        > Here in Alba (CN) I can buy the standard copper
                        > still for about
                        > 100Euro with a 5lt boiler. If you can find a
                        > manufacturer of these
                        > stills they might be able to make a larger boiler.
                        > > John Wisbey
                        > >
                        > > e-mail: johnwisbey@l...
                        > >
                        > > www.piedmontproperty.com
                        > www.piedmont-holidays.com
                        > www.nicltd.co.uk

                      • mr done
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                          Regards JOhn, If your looking for a still, see the
                          enclosed attachment, it's of a still I'm currently
                          restoring...we are set to craft a top for it of
                          copper, and have a wrought iron bench made for it.
                          It's from the early 1800 circa 1830, from Pittsburgh
                          Pa, and was made by the company of Howard & Rodgers at
                          Front and Second street. It is a beautifully made
                          piece of history and the workmanship is one of a kind.
                          Its a pot still and will have a ball top made (about
                          18" round and approximately a three to four foot spout
                          of copper made to fit) I can provide you further
                          photos should you be interested...You can reach me
                          directly at: marshal7002@...
                          The still is in nearly working order (needs cleaned
                          out and when set the spout need "Set" by tapping the
                          ring around it to seal it. The top is to be crafted
                          by another that fabricates metal for aircraft. It'
                          approximately 80 gallon and weighs about 90 pounds.
                          It's not cheap, as it is a museum piece, in working
                          order. I buy and sell items of rareity, and recently
                          aquired the still in may. and have been researching it
                          and making arrangements to have it restored....further
                          questions should be mailed to me at the above e-mail
                          address thankyou Thom.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 3, 2005
                            Thom,
                            In future can you please heed the group rules and keep all commercial
                            transactions out of the messages. It's not that hard to use direct
                            email to the parties concerned. Your cooperation in this matter is
                            appreciated.

                          • abbababbaccc
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 31, 2005
                              http://www.amphora-society.com/ It's a Liquid Management still, said to
                              be the best commercial still nowadays. Valved reflux column is probably
                              the offset head thingie with two control valves. That one is based on
                              LM principle as well, although with slight modifications it can also be
                              used as a reflux management system.

                              - Riku

                              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "joeatsalot" <joeatsalot@y...>