New to Distilling but very intrested. have questions

  • AutoBot
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2005
      Hello:

      Glad to see there is a group for new starters to distilling. I want to
      get into this but not in a huge way. Kinda like a hobby, plus come
      winter ill need something to do since i cant go out. But i wanted to
      have something small yet effective enough to make a few good bottles
      or more. I was hoping for something i can use with a hot plate. I dont
      mind making one. Im very handy with my hands nice i built houseing and
      piping. Any suggestions

      Also i want to most make rum. Is this something hard for a newbie?
      Also is possiable to make rum like the store kind like captain morgan
      and bacardi. Or even better tasting rum. What about adding flavor to
      the rum like lemon or peach and such?

      What i also have a hard time understanding is the yeast part. I read
      alot about this subjuct but just cant seem to get a good hold on it.
      Can someone kinda break it down for me in simple terms i guess

      Thanks for your time