RE: [new_distillers] Re: Condensor coil problems

  • D. C.
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2001
      << For the standard pressure cooker potstill . . . a much better result can
      be had by using a jacketed condensor . . . The only drawback is the
      assembly- you need to know how to handle a propane torch and plumber's
      [silver] solder to make one- not a demanding skill to know- but essential.

      Actually, this is incorrect. I constructed one (a jacked condensor), for my
      essential oils, and never touched a torch. The copper was fastened to the
      pressure cooker lid via compression unit, and the water jacket is made out
      of PVC piping. The PVC joints were "glued" together using PVC adhesive, and
      all of the joints, and potential spots for vapor escape, were sealed with
      Food Grade silicone. I never touched a torch, and the still was set up in
      one weekend and turning out oils by Monday night.

      Your Brother in Magick,
      David M. Cunningham
      email@...

      NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
      intended by Rev. Cunningham for the use of the named individual or entity to
      which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or
      otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail
      transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
      forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by
      telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.
    • ups474@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
      • Stevensgang@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2001
          Maybe you could put some wood shims in between the coils to situate them
          and then wire them down tight !! Just a thought
          Steve
        • rudenoise@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
            Ahhh you beat me to the answer. I use a PVC jacket with rubber
            gromments to pass the copper coil ends through, and some brass
            nipples for a water entry and return, this is hooked up to a small
            tabletop fountain pump in a bucket of water that circulates the water
            through the jacket. It really works well. I posted a photo in the
            photos area: HAL031235 Album/rudenoisestill.