Slow run after stripping

  • angrymike99
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      How fast should I be taking product during a slow run after stipping?

      I'm running about 6 liters from my first two runs topped to 20 liters
      with water and I'm still gettin that funny nail polish remover smell.

      About how much heads should I get?

      I'm running a world class still model (valved reflux) at 950W
      (immersed
      water heater element), column temperature is at about 165F (72C) and
      steady. Stripping seemed to make no major improvement over just a
      slow
      run...

      Still looking for that "odorless product".

      Thanks.

      Mike
    • Lindsay Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        Seems like you are doing much the same as me. Early on my rate is
        400ml/hr then it rises till the main stable part of the run is at
        800ml/hr. I am cutting heads at about 400ml. One could argue for
        adding another 200ml, though.

        I find that darned ethyl acetate smell hangs on into the run even with
        double distilling and bicarb treatment. To avoid it we may just have
        to get used to re-cycling more than we would like.

        Cheers,
        Lindsay.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "angrymike99" <maanderson@i...>