to drunk

  • enibnikrib
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 28, 2005
      hello fellow distillers
      I have a problem, my product is so mellow that I get to drunk on it
      before I know it. What can I do about this problem.
      Jim
    • Dave Nay
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 28, 2005
        enibnikrib wrote:
        > hello fellow distillers
        > I have a problem, my product is so mellow that I get to drunk on it
        > before I know it. What can I do about this problem.
        > Jim

        Hey....quit your bragging!

        LOL

        Dave
      • Dean Thomas
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 28, 2005
          Forgive me for blasphemy but you could drink slower :)
          But my approach would be, if you are a harmless happy drunk and there is
          no effect the next morning just sit back relax and enjoy it. I do when I
          decide to indulge.

          Dean.

        • jkirby007@netzero.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 28, 2005
            I have a tried and true tid bit for carbon filtering and sitting on carbon,
            I filter after distillation and diluting to 55 % ,I use gerts design w pipe and funnel, and then after it finishes I pour on to carbon and let sit for another 14 days which makes for a very smooth drink, this works exceptionally well on vodka and rums as that is what I mostly make, but also works very well w corn whisky this is just my 1 1/2 cents werth
            jesse jkirby007@...

          • Snowblind Moose
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 28, 2005
              Way to go Jesse - that's the best bit of sitting on the fence I've
              heard of in years!(LOL)
              Why not - the matrix solution - the best of both worlds!

              ...however, I find that carbon filtering takes the flavour from my
              whisky and brandy.

              Jim,

              My wife tells me that I've had the same problem - too drunk too
              quick. The solution I've found when I want to stay "sociable"
              longer, yet still enjoy the flavour of my whisky or brandy, is to mix
              it with H2O and an ice cube.

              -Tony

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jkirby007@n..."
              <jkirby007@n...> wrote:
              > I have a tried and true tid bit for carbon filtering and sitting on
              carbon,
              > I filter after distillation and diluting to 55 % ,I use gerts
              design w pipe and funnel, and then after it finishes I pour on to
              carbon and let sit for another 14 days which makes for a very smooth
              drink, this works exceptionally well on vodka and rums as that is
              what I mostly make, but also works very well w corn whisky this is
              just my 1 1/2 cents werth
              > jesse jkirby007@n...

            • popwahtosh
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 28, 2005
                <jkirby007@n...> wrote:
                > I have a tried and true tid bit for carbon filtering and sitting on
                carbon,
                > I filter after distillation and diluting to 55 % ,I use gerts
                design w pipe and funnel, and then after it finishes I pour on to
                carbon and let sit for another 14 days which makes for a very smooth
                drink, this works exceptionally well on vodka and rums as that is
                what I mostly make, but also works very well w corn whisky this is
                just my 1 1/2 cents werth
                > jesse jkirby007@n...

                Ya got me wonderin', dude! Why the two methods of carbon treatment.
                Either one on its on would be sufficient. And why do you want to
                remove flavor from brandy after all that work to get that flavor? Am
                I missing something here or am I just getting old and behind times?

                Pop
              • abbababbaccc
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 29, 2005
                  Dilute it more. Takes more time to drink and you'll get drunk slower.¨

                  - Riku

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "enibnikrib" <manson@i...> wrote:
                  > hello fellow distillers
                  > I have a problem, my product is so mellow that I get to drunk on it
                  > before I know it. What can I do about this problem.
                  > Jim
                • donald holcombe

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 30, 2005
                      Jerry Lewis said "Youre not really drunk if you can still lie on the floor without hanging on"

                      Dave Nay <dave.nay@...> wrote:enibnikrib wrote:
                      > hello fellow distillers
                      > I have a problem, my product is so mellow that I get to drunk on it
                      > before I know it. What can I do about this problem.
                      > Jim

                      Hey....quit your bragging!

                      LOL

                      Dave

                      ---------------------------------

                    • Dave Nay
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 30, 2005
                        donald holcombe wrote:
                        > Jerry Lewis said "Youre not really drunk if you can still lie on the floor without hanging on"

                        LOL....the local bar me and my wife hang out at has a sign on the
                        ceiling that says "It's time to pay your tab if you are reading this."

                        Dave
                      • enibnikrib
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 30, 2005
                          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Dave Nay <dave.nay@v...> wrote:
                          > donald holcombe wrote:
                          > > Jerry Lewis said "Youre not really drunk if you can still lie on
                          the floor without hanging on"

                          > LOL....the local bar me and my wife hang out at has a sign on the
                          > ceiling that says "It's time to pay your tab if you are reading this."

                          Dave
                          I love this group. I wrote this message when I was real trashed. I
                          thought I would get some really stupid reponse but so far it been a
                          real good laugh
                          thanks fellow drinkers