Re: [new_distillers] constructing still - part III

  • Ian Macsween
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2001
      I did not realize that silicone was food grade. Now I understand why
      silicone was used in breast implants!
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2001
        LOL......
        > I did not realize that silicone was food grade. Now I understand why
        silicone was used in breast implants!

        Actually not all Silicone is food grade, the stuff that is coloured I would
        stay away from, the stuff that is recommended for Aquariums I would and have
        used, the stuff marked food grade is the stuff to use.
        Mel
      • John Vandermeulen
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2001
          Excuse my wanderings, but the elderly have a special dispensation, somewhere.
          The mention of "coloured" silicone and inplants just makes me wonder if anyone
          has ever seen blue ........, well...... you know what I mean.
          Keep truckin'
          John V

        • distilerman@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2001
            Hi John,
            Had the same problem when I built my still, You can get a compression
            fitting that will fit 2" pipe from a plumbing supply store (the size
            is 54mm here in the uk) Ask for a tank conector in the size you
            require but beware the price!!(around £20- you can convert ;)) it
            will clamp to the lid with the
            compression fitting on the top. You can then slip the column onto
            this
            and tighten down (the large!)nut. it only needs to be slightly over
            hand tight. you shouldent get any vapor escaping.
            Difficult to explaine but easy to see!!
            Your sketch would also work but is a bit more fiddly.
            Hope this helps

            Carl

            --- In new_distillers@y..., John Vandermeulen <vandermeulen@n...>