Re: [new_distillers] Building a Wine Filter

  • Dean Thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3 11:22 PM
      I know that many "Professional" Home brewers filter their beers for
      clarity, Especially ones destined for judging. One that comes to mind is
      cold filtering. A quick google search should get you hundreds of hits.

      Dean.

      Derek Hamlet wrote:

      >Yes, I nearly always use pectic enzyme with country wines.
      >At 08:25 PM 8/3/05, you wrote:
      >

      >>Iv'e been making fruit wines for some forty years and have never had the
      >>need too filter. Do you use a pectin enzyme during fermentation? Not
      >>necessary for all fruits but some need it. All I did was to leave it
      >>settle and have never used finings. Blanikdog

    • Robert Thomas
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4 12:17 AM
        If you can filter beer, you can filter anything. Try
        this link for a start:
        http://tinyurl.com/aem7d
        You'll only need a second pressure vessel if you want
        fizzy wine (I think, though hydrostatic pressure is a
        term that suddenly sprang to mind. Engineers out
        there?)
        Rob.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs