Re: [new_distillers] Re: Sprouting corn.......and enemies of Yeast?

  • Robert Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
      Too right Donald.
      Why not try you local brewery? It's worked for me in
      the past.
      Rob.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • francis_heath
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2005
        Not true. Hybrid corn is not sterile? I feed lots of corn to cattle
        that is all hybred corn and I can assure you that nearly all that gets
        spilled on the ground sprouts and grows. When I have feed bunks set
        out in the winter time on ground where I grow corn in the summer, the
        volenteer corn is a real problem.
        I have also planted corn right out of the bin when I ran out of seed
        corn to finish up my silage corn acres. Got a real good stand of corn
        from the bin corn. What you get is no longer the hybred but it does
        in fact grow quite well.
        Francis