Re: [new_distillers] Sterilizing

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
      DAWN and other dish soaps are not highly recomended because they leave more residue . Trisodium phosphate , metabisulphates,straight-A. or one step are some of the cleaners I reccomend. Chlorine bleach is a good sterilyzer but I dont use it as a last rinse. I always use bleach as a primary soak.

      suitcase1499@... wrote:
      In a message dated 7/27/2005 8:20:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      vickypoint2003@... writes:

      I have heard that iodine is a good chemical for sterilizing brewing
      Equipment. Can anyone tell me the correct amounts to use in solution.
      And so you need to rinse it afterwards.

      Thanks
      Vickypoint

      I have always been scared to use chemicals to clean my stuff. I use Dawn dish
      liquid with bleach alternative, and run a pure water run through my still
      about every 5th time I figure 212*F steam should kill any germs and such. So far
      I aint got poisoned or nothing but I aint guaranteeing anything.

      Suitcase