Re: [new_distillers] And, for those who've tried gas and electric as a heat s...

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2005
      If youre leaking enough alcohal to catch fire youre not getting any output ! Ive run from 2 to 100 gallon stills on propane never had a problem. The heat from the burner disperses the fumes. Some times we used a stick on fire to check for leaks (mostly at night). We also put a spoon full of likker on top the still and burned it to get an idea how much alcahol was in the drippins. Know what youre messing with and what youre doing and you can cook a long time . NO problems.! Harry said it right. hes always right .! I hate people who are always right.! OR maybe Im ENVIOUS . Hang in there Harry, youll be wrong one day then we can think youre one of us.OOPS.! Time for a refill. This carbon treated likker is so good. Do you guys ever talk about carbon? GREAT STUFF.

      suitcase1499@... wrote:
      In a message dated 7/25/2005 5:01:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      hk538@... writes:

      I know propane is much more dangerous from a vapor/fume standpoint, but
      how well do the electric heat sources work?...Just trying to get all my
      ducks in a row so to speak before laying down a bunch of money on
      things I don't need.

      Thanks again
      Greg

      I've used both, But I prefer propane it heats up quicker and is more
      portable. Like in hot weather it gets to hot in my barn to run so I move to a nice
      shady place outside. Hidden of course.

      Suitcase