Re: best bundy rum

  • Matthew Garner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24 2:16 AM
      oak definilly helps and i can get shavings from the bundy barrels i
      also have bougt soem home brew rum ages ago which was so damm clos eto
      bundy it was amazing

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <bundy_rum98@h...> wrote:
      > Matthew, the old rum discussion comes up heaps and it's nice to
      think that you could make something that comes close to your old
      > favourite bought spirit. To be realistic though, it won't really
      happen IMHO.

      > I am only new to distilling myself but so far my results have been
      pretty good however... I have resigned to the fact that you
      > aren't going to reach that holy grail of Bundy, the true Aussie
      Spirit. I just continue making what I do and just enjoy it because
      > I know how much hard work and time went into it. Having said that,
      I do like to age my flavoured spirit in an oak barrel. I have
      > no doubt that it improves the result. I like to try a variety of
      flavours but for now I have been using Willards rum in my barrels.
      > (I have no connection with this company whatsoever...)
      >
      > Just have fun mate and enjoy the different rum flavours, it's no
      trouble doing all the "sampling".. ;-)