Re. Condenser details

  • tony cahill
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2000
      David, Many thanks for your time and effort compiling your answer.
      I have a couple of queries.
      Firstly, I may not have supplied enough details for you to affect your conclusions.
      The condenser will/would be running at mains pressure through 1/2" fittings, as I assume the Stone/Nixon design has already distilled the brew when it reaches the condenser? So, perhaps I could trouble you further with an answer in light of these details.
      You also mentioned equilibrium. I further assumed this was happening in the main column. And the last bit of information for you, is, the inner tube of the condenser is open, so I hope I have not misinterpreted the diagram in the book. I would appreciate your patience with a "new boy"
      Regards, Tony C.