Re: [new_distillers] time to autolyse

  • Roderick Holmes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2005
      The guys at brewhaus suggested that it be run within the month. He said if it was going to be longer, just siphon off the wash off the yeast (rack) into another sterilized fermentation vessel and that it would be fine for much longer.

      Warm regards on ice,
      Roderick

      dearknarl <dearknarl@...> wrote:
      Gday Guys,

      How long can I leave an alcotech 48, 8kg wash, without racking, before the
      yeast autolyse and leave off flavours? I'm going to make a wash up, but
      won't get around to distilling it for about a month, maybe 5 weeks. Will
      that cause off flavours? I'll set the temp at about 22 deg C for the whole
      time.

      Cheers,
      knarl.

      Food and drink Home distilling Culture Organizational culture Distillers