Re: [new_distillers] Cleaning structured copper mesh.

  • Roderick Holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2005
      I have been soaking in vinegar overnight. The bottom roll was the worst this last cleaning and was the only one that did not become bright and shiny after sitting in the vinegar overnight. Added a few ounces of battery acid to the vinegar to increase the strength and it was clear in a matter of hours.

      Warm regards on ice,
      Roderick

      Dean Thomas <deanlil@...> wrote:
      So far I have only had to remove the bottom few rolls but this is what I
      have Been doing Remove the packing from your column and soak in vinegar
      if it is really bad add bicarb soda, leave in the the solution until
      bright then rinse thoroughly and repack.

      It will be interesting to see some different approaches.
      Dean.