Re: [new_distillers] Re: time to autolyse

  • dearknarl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2005
      So it wouldn't change much with a turbo? I'd say it'd be fine for a month or
      two though, by the sounds of that. Thanks.

      Cheers,
      knarl.

      On 7/3/05, waljaco <waljaco@...> wrote:

      > Winemakers rack their young wine off the lees every 6 months.
      > wal

    • popwahtosh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2005
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, dearknarl <dearknarl@g...> wrote:
        > Gday Guys,
        >
        > How long can I leave an alcotech 48, 8kg wash, without racking,
        before the
        > yeast autolyse and leave off flavours? I'm going to make a wash up,
        but
        > won't get around to distilling it for about a month, maybe 5 weeks.
        Will
        > that cause off flavours? I'll set the temp at about 22 deg C for the
        whole
        > time.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > knarl.
      • Roderick Holmes
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2005
          The guys at brewhaus suggested that it be run within the month. He said if it was going to be longer, just siphon off the wash off the yeast (rack) into another sterilized fermentation vessel and that it would be fine for much longer.

          Warm regards on ice,
          Roderick

          dearknarl <dearknarl@...> wrote:
          Gday Guys,

          How long can I leave an alcotech 48, 8kg wash, without racking, before the
          yeast autolyse and leave off flavours? I'm going to make a wash up, but
          won't get around to distilling it for about a month, maybe 5 weeks. Will
          that cause off flavours? I'll set the temp at about 22 deg C for the whole
          time.

          Cheers,
          knarl.

          Food and drink Home distilling Culture Organizational culture Distillers