re. answer re. condenser

  • tony cahill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2000
      Thank you for your prompt response David.
      The tower and condenser are all standard off the shelf plumbing fittings of copper.
      The boiler is a recycled 18 gal. ss barrel.
      The elements (which are not fitted) will (?) be 3k and 1k, ie. start on 3k and switch to 1k for the rest.
      Column is 1200mm long, OD 50mm, (copper). Wall is 1.3mm.
      I am still wrestling with the control aspect, as I should only need to control the 1k element, I don't mind standing around until it equilibrates, then switching down.There is a programmable micro-controller called SPLat (have a web site) which I am contemplating, funds permitting.
      Thanking you in anticipation, Tony C.