Re: Cary's horse feed (was:bubbling sugar mash)

  • Cary Rhodes
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 17, 2005
      tony

      its a short receipe, so it bore the good folks here too long.

      3 to 4 inches of all grain horse feed in a 5 or 6 gal plastic bucket.
      i use a 6 gal primary fermenter.

      cover with hot water and add 10 lbs of sugar.

      stir profusely

      top up with cold water

      add 'Black Label' turbo yeast. ( i bought it from ric at Brewhouse)

      will be done sizzling in 4 or 5 days.

      The Black Label adds a nice flavor that I wasn't getting with
      Distiller's Yeast.

      cary r

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Snowblind Moose"