Ran out of butane halfway through...

  • supasnappahead
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2005
      and had to go to the store to get a couple more cans. Bottom line is
      that I stopped distilling for a while and the temp dropped somewhat in
      the wort and down to almost room temp in the column. Then I started
      back up and it was flowing almost immediately, but I didn't throw out
      the first 100mL or so... did I just put methanol into my batch?

      Does it make any difference if you stop and start again, or do you
      always have to get rid of that first 100mL?
    • donald holcombe