Re: [new_distillers] Experience/Opinions on Brewhaus Distillers?

  • joe giffen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi,
      As a newcomer I bought a brewhaus high capacity extractor unit and it worked straight out of the box giving perfect results.I am sure there are other proprietary makes which will give similar performance.I have no hesitation in recommending brewhaus but look around ,ask others and I am sure others from the group will give thier experiences.
      Good luck
      Joe

      pakmule63 <pakmule@...> wrote:
      Hi all, I am new to the group and am looking for some help. I am interested in getting started
      in home distilling but I really have little to no interest in spending the time building a
      distiller. I really just want to get right down to it.

      So I am looking to just buy a nice semi-professional distiller. I found the Brewhaus Essential
      Extractor Pro Series II High Capacity Unit while searching the web. It looks like a high quality
      unit and it seems to have a high throughput rate so I would not have to babysit it for hours
      on end. Has anyone used one? If so, what are your opinions on it? Does it work right out of
      the box or am I going to have to spend lot's of time modifying it to work correctly? Is there
      another turnkey unit that you sould suggest instead?

      Thanks in advance,
      Pak

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, joe giffen <joegiffen@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi,
        > As a newcomer I bought a brewhaus high capacity extractor unit and
        it worked straight out of the box giving perfect results.I am sure
        there are other proprietary makes which will give similar
        performance.I have no hesitation in recommending brewhaus but look
        around ,ask others and I am sure others from the group will give
        thier experiences.
        > Good luck
        > Joe

        Hi Joe,
        Good to see you didn't drop the ball with my caustic reception. :-)
        Apologies to you. In my defense I've been under the bat somewhat
        lately, so I may have been a bit abrupt. Thought I'd post this
        publicly to show no hard feelings. BTW, welcome to the groups.

        Slainte!
        regards Harry (moderator)
      • joe giffen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          Dear Harry,
          No quarter asked no malice held.
          Best Regards
          Joe

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
            Thanks! I have been looking at them for a while and I may pull the
            trigger soon. Time to dust off all that beer making equipment. :)

            Pak

            On Jun 1, 2005, at 5:00 AM, joe giffen wrote:

            > Hi,
            > As a newcomer I bought a brewhaus high capacity extractor unit and
            > it worked straight out of the box giving perfect results.I am sure
            > there are other proprietary makes which will give similar
            > performance.I have no hesitation in recommending brewhaus but look
            > around ,ask others and I am sure others from the group will give
            > thier experiences.
            > Good luck
            > Joe
            >
            > pakmule63 <pakmule@...> wrote:
            > Hi all, I am new to the group and am looking for some help. I am
            > interested in getting started
            > in home distilling but I really have little to no interest in
            > spending the time building a
            > distiller. I really just want to get right down to it.
            >
            > So I am looking to just buy a nice semi-professional distiller. I
            > found the Brewhaus Essential
            > Extractor Pro Series II High Capacity Unit while searching the web.
            > It looks like a high quality
            > unit and it seems to have a high throughput rate so I would not
            > have to babysit it for hours
            > on end. Has anyone used one? If so, what are your opinions on it?
            > Does it work right out of
            > the box or am I going to have to spend lot's of time modifying it
            > to work correctly? Is there
            > another turnkey unit that you sould suggest instead?
            >
            > Thanks in advance,
            > Pak

            > Service.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2005
              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pakmule63" <pakmule@g...>
              wrote:
              > Hi all, I am new to the group and am looking for some help. I am
              interested in getting started
              > in home distilling but I really have little to no interest in
              spending the time building a
              > distiller. I really just want to get right down to it.
              >
              > So I am looking to just buy a nice semi-professional distiller. I
              found the Brewhaus Essential
              > Extractor Pro Series II High Capacity Unit while searching the
              web. It looks like a high quality
              > unit and it seems to have a high throughput rate so I would not
              have to babysit it for hours
              > on end. Has anyone used one? If so, what are your opinions on it?
              Does it work right out of
              > the box or am I going to have to spend lot's of time modifying it
              to work correctly? Is there
              > another turnkey unit that you sould suggest instead?
              >
              > Thanks in advance,
              > Pak
              Pak-
              I've been using the Pro Series II H.C. column for about a year now.
              I did not buy the whole unit, just the tower and condenser, hose kit
              and bung.
              I modified it to fit my boiler and it works flawlessly. I have it
              packed with copper and I get an average of 94% distillate at the
              rate of 1 QT. every 30-40 minutes.The top head temp stays extremely
              stable through the run. I still run the diluted spirit through
              carbon, and have a consistently excellent product.As far as any
              modifications right out of the box, I highly doubt you will have any
              difficulty assembling or running this unit. It is a good product
              from good people.
              I for one can highly recommend this unit. Good luck,-Big Bill