White sugar for Still Spirits schnapps flavoring

  • Mike Ortmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
      The directions for my bottle say to use some 250 ml of "white sugar".
      Is the the granulated or powdered sugar?????
      TIA,
      MEO
    • Robert N
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
        Mike Ortmann Wrote
        Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 10:23 PM

        The directions for my bottle say to use some 250 ml of "white sugar".
        Is the the granulated or powdered sugar?????
        TIA,
        MEO

        I use castor sugar only because the smaller crystal size dissolves quicker.
        Whatever you have should be suitable.

        Yours in Spirit

        Robert

      • Sven Pfitt
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
          I would not use powdered sugar as it normally contains up to 3%
          cornstarch as an anti-caking agent.

          I would recomend plain granulated sugar.

          Sven

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert N" <dinks_c@y...>