RE: [new_distillers] Oak dust?

  • Robert N
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2005
      Tony the reason most of us try not to use the dust is that it blocks up the
      filter paper fairly quickly. You use what you have at hand. Pass it through
      a course filter layer first, I find a coffee filter paper adequate for this
      process.

      Yours in Spirit

      Robert

      >SNIP The problem is that the oak is more like sawdust than chips. I seem
      to recall a post that warned against using sawdust, but I can't seem to find
      it right now. If I'm careful to filter it out with lab-grade filter paper,
      do you figure it might still be a problem? Any thoughts?

      Thanks,

      -Tony