Re: [new_distillers] wheat

  • Bryan Ripperger
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
      I live in the wheat captitol of the world so wheat is
      easy and cheap to get.
      I don't mind if it makes a nasty tasting brew I am
      going to use it for fuel . But I might make a batch to
      drink and I will use something that will give me a
      good taste. Bryan
      --- Rana Pipiens <ranawater@...> wrote:
      > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers
      > to, but, Ian Smiley gives a recipe for a high
      > quality vodka using malted wheat and flaked wheat
      > only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
      > yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically
      > for vodka production. The recipe is available for
      > free download on Brewhaus U.S.A's website. Rana
      >
      > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@...> wrote:
      >
      > I have a good question how well will wheat work to
      > make a wash?
      >

      > New Distillers group archives are at
      > http://archive.nnytech.net/
      > FAQ and other information available at
      > http://homedistiller.org

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      > removed]

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Messenger
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2005
        Ukrainian vodka is mainly from wheat. Corn (maize) apparently gives a
        similar product.
        wal
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranawater@y...>
        wrote:
        > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers to, but, Ian
        Smiley gives a recipe for a high quality vodka using malted wheat and
        flaked wheat only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
        yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically for vodka
        production. The recipe is available for free download on Brewhaus
        U.S.A's website. Rana

        > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@y...> wrote:
        >
        > I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?

        Service.