Re: wheat

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
      Malt the wheat and mix it 1 to 3 with cracked corn..... makes
      excellent whiskey......

      Kim

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Ripperger"
      <brywayripp@y...> wrote:

      > I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?
    • Bryan Ripperger
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
        I live in the wheat captitol of the world so wheat is
        easy and cheap to get.
        I don't mind if it makes a nasty tasting brew I am
        going to use it for fuel . But I might make a batch to
        drink and I will use something that will give me a
        good taste. Bryan
        --- Rana Pipiens <ranawater@...> wrote:
        > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers
        > to, but, Ian Smiley gives a recipe for a high
        > quality vodka using malted wheat and flaked wheat
        > only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
        > yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically
        > for vodka production. The recipe is available for
        > free download on Brewhaus U.S.A's website. Rana
        >
        > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@...> wrote:
        >
        > I have a good question how well will wheat work to
        > make a wash?
        >

        > New Distillers group archives are at
        > http://archive.nnytech.net/
        > FAQ and other information available at
        > http://homedistiller.org

        > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        > removed]

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Messenger
      • waljaco
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2005
          Ukrainian vodka is mainly from wheat. Corn (maize) apparently gives a
          similar product.
          wal
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranawater@y...>
          wrote:
          > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers to, but, Ian
          Smiley gives a recipe for a high quality vodka using malted wheat and
          flaked wheat only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
          yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically for vodka
          production. The recipe is available for free download on Brewhaus
          U.S.A's website. Rana

          > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@y...> wrote:
          >
          > I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?

          Service.