Re: [new_distillers] wheat

  • Rana Pipiens
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
      Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers to, but, Ian Smiley gives a recipe for a high quality vodka using malted wheat and flaked wheat only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically for vodka production. The recipe is available for free download on Brewhaus U.S.A's website. Rana

      Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@...> wrote:

      I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?

    • Kim
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
        Malt the wheat and mix it 1 to 3 with cracked corn..... makes
        excellent whiskey......

        Kim

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Ripperger"
        <brywayripp@y...> wrote:

        > I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?
      • Bryan Ripperger
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
          I live in the wheat captitol of the world so wheat is
          easy and cheap to get.
          I don't mind if it makes a nasty tasting brew I am
          going to use it for fuel . But I might make a batch to
          drink and I will use something that will give me a
          good taste. Bryan
          --- Rana Pipiens <ranawater@...> wrote:
          > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers
          > to, but, Ian Smiley gives a recipe for a high
          > quality vodka using malted wheat and flaked wheat
          > only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
          > yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically
          > for vodka production. The recipe is available for
          > free download on Brewhaus U.S.A's website. Rana
          >
          > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@...> wrote:
          >
          > I have a good question how well will wheat work to
          > make a wash?
          >

          > New Distillers group archives are at
          > http://archive.nnytech.net/
          > FAQ and other information available at
          > http://homedistiller.org

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          > removed]

          __________________________________
          Yahoo! Messenger
        • waljaco
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2005
            Ukrainian vodka is mainly from wheat. Corn (maize) apparently gives a
            similar product.
            wal
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranawater@y...>
            wrote:
            > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers to, but, Ian
            Smiley gives a recipe for a high quality vodka using malted wheat and
            flaked wheat only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
            yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically for vodka
            production. The recipe is available for free download on Brewhaus
            U.S.A's website. Rana

            > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@y...> wrote:
            >
            > I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?

            Service.