Re: wheat

  • Snowblind Moose
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry
      > (ps gotta go. Got 'flu & I'm buggered).

      Get well soon. Life's too short to spend in the sick-bed. I've heard
      that "drinkin' plenty of fluids" is a great cure all.

      Seriously though - speedy recovery my friend!

      -Tony
    • Rana Pipiens
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
        Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers to, but, Ian Smiley gives a recipe for a high quality vodka using malted wheat and flaked wheat only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically for vodka production. The recipe is available for free download on Brewhaus U.S.A's website. Rana

        Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@...> wrote:

        I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?

      • Kim
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
          Malt the wheat and mix it 1 to 3 with cracked corn..... makes
          excellent whiskey......

          Kim

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Ripperger"
          <brywayripp@y...> wrote:

          > I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?
        • Bryan Ripperger
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
            I live in the wheat captitol of the world so wheat is
            easy and cheap to get.
            I don't mind if it makes a nasty tasting brew I am
            going to use it for fuel . But I might make a batch to
            drink and I will use something that will give me a
            good taste. Bryan
            --- Rana Pipiens <ranawater@...> wrote:
            > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers
            > to, but, Ian Smiley gives a recipe for a high
            > quality vodka using malted wheat and flaked wheat
            > only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
            > yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically
            > for vodka production. The recipe is available for
            > free download on Brewhaus U.S.A's website. Rana
            >
            > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@...> wrote:
            >
            > I have a good question how well will wheat work to
            > make a wash?
            >

            > New Distillers group archives are at
            > http://archive.nnytech.net/
            > FAQ and other information available at
            > http://homedistiller.org

            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            > removed]

            __________________________________
            Yahoo! Messenger
          • waljaco
            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2005
              Ukrainian vodka is mainly from wheat. Corn (maize) apparently gives a
              similar product.
              wal
              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranawater@y...>
              wrote:
              > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers to, but, Ian
              Smiley gives a recipe for a high quality vodka using malted wheat and
              flaked wheat only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
              yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically for vodka
              production. The recipe is available for free download on Brewhaus
              U.S.A's website. Rana

              > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@y...> wrote:
              >
              > I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?

              Service.