Re: thoughts on yeast

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2005
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Wes" <fourtysouth@y...> wrote:

      > AHHHHHHHH.......... famous last words i knew it would come back and
      > bite me.
      > The last batch was made to instructions on the yeast packet (still
      > spirits turbo yeast), wrapped in the electric blanket and pampered.
      > It worked its business like usual. But when it was opened it is Pink
      > in colour, been sitting for a few days and shows no sign of changing
      > or clearing.
      > Finished sg is 986.
      > Any ideas as to why and what.
      > Cheers
      > Wes

      That's not uncommon with Still Spirits turbos. It's just yeast in
      suspension. Will take a couple weeks to clear. You can do it a bit
      quicker by racking to another fermenter.

    • Lindsay Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2005
        Congratulations, you have just made another 'spot on' wash! I use SS
        turbo, too, and mine goes pinkish and stops at 0.986, too. Touche!

        Another victory for following instructions!!!

        Cheers,
        Lindsay.