wheat

  • Bryan Ripperger
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2 9:54 PM
      I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3 12:55 AM
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Ripperger"
        <brywayripp@y...> wrote:

        > I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?

        I have a good question how much do you know about sprouting wheat?

        Sprouted it works & make a bloody awful whisky. In Oz they used to
        make a brand called "Corio" out of hard Durum wheat but that was
        saccharified with barley malt. Tasted like sump oil.

        The term "durum wheat" means wheat of the Triticum durum species and
        the hybrids derived from the interspecific crossing of Triticum
        durum which have the same number (28) of chromosomes as that species.

        Hybrids of course are sterile, therefore you can't sprout them.

        (ps gotta go. Got 'flu & I'm buggered).
      • Snowblind Moose
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3 3:00 AM
          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry
          > (ps gotta go. Got 'flu & I'm buggered).

          Get well soon. Life's too short to spend in the sick-bed. I've heard
          that "drinkin' plenty of fluids" is a great cure all.

          Seriously though - speedy recovery my friend!

          -Tony
        • Rana Pipiens
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 7:23 AM
            Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers to, but, Ian Smiley gives a recipe for a high quality vodka using malted wheat and flaked wheat only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically for vodka production. The recipe is available for free download on Brewhaus U.S.A's website. Rana

            Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@...> wrote:

            I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?

          • Kim
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3 7:27 AM
              Malt the wheat and mix it 1 to 3 with cracked corn..... makes
              excellent whiskey......

              Kim

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3 3:25 PM
                I live in the wheat captitol of the world so wheat is
                easy and cheap to get.
                I don't mind if it makes a nasty tasting brew I am
                going to use it for fuel . But I might make a batch to
                drink and I will use something that will give me a
                good taste. Bryan
                --- Rana Pipiens <ranawater@...> wrote:
                > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers
                > to, but, Ian Smiley gives a recipe for a high
                > quality vodka using malted wheat and flaked wheat
                > only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
                > yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically
                > for vodka production. The recipe is available for
                > free download on Brewhaus U.S.A's website. Rana
                >
                > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@...> wrote:
                >
                > I have a good question how well will wheat work to
                > make a wash?
                >

                > New Distillers group archives are at
                > http://archive.nnytech.net/
                > FAQ and other information available at
                > http://homedistiller.org

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                > removed]

                __________________________________
                Yahoo! Messenger
              • waljaco
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2005
                  Ukrainian vodka is mainly from wheat. Corn (maize) apparently gives a
                  similar product.
                  wal
                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranawater@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > Bryan, I don't know about whiskey as Harry refers to, but, Ian
                  Smiley gives a recipe for a high quality vodka using malted wheat and
                  flaked wheat only along with a turbo type yeast by Prestge with
                  yeast, nutrients and enzymes formulated specifically for vodka
                  production. The recipe is available for free download on Brewhaus
                  U.S.A's website. Rana

                  > Bryan Ripperger <brywayripp@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > I have a good question how well will wheat work to make a wash?

                  Service.