RE-high abv

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2005
      TONY your reasoning sounds OK to me. Iuse primarily grain . I also use ec1118 quite a bit and have gotten off flavors at high temp. I have a tendancy to make high abv mash 12 to 15%.I have not tried a sugar wash or a turbo . But will try one sometime just to see how the other folk live.I may even try a reflux after I do some more studying.I also use a fish grade charcoal which I boil first. we always made our own charcoal in the past. We only filtered at the cooler.Im trying ageingwith charcoal and flavoring with oak chips . Seems to be working . I dont know if Im rambling too much or drinkin too much . this last rum is GOOOD.