HELLO! New Member w/ a couple questions.

  • pedigreepup1
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2005
      Greetings everyone! I have limited experience with distilling. I have
      previously built three stills and I am desinging #4. I am currently
      designing a crockpot still similar to the one in the Alaskan
      Bootleggers Bible by Scott Kania (www.happymountain.net). It's based
      on a 6 quart Crockpot with a 4 quart SS bowl on top. I have not yet
      decided whether or not to put a small column on it. If I did, it
      probaly be about 6" long and a 1/2" in diameter with pot xperience
      with these stills in the past shows they are very effecient and slow.
      That last crockpot still I used produce 60% alcolhol from a single
      run. The local moonshine afficinados in my area (the North Georgia
      Mountains) were amazed by the quality (taste) of my product no matter
      matter what what kind of wash I used. Does any one have any experience
      with these types of stills? I am also foolng with the idea of the
      idea of an aircooled condesor? Any input experience here? Thanks for
      the input.

      Happy Easter!
      Pedigree