Re: wholesale essences

  • bundaberg_kid
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 27, 2005
      hey tim...have you found an essence yet that comes close to
      bundy?....I too have it in my alkihole stream...oops I meant blood,
      I have started making my own spirits and am tryn to find the right
      essence.
      I am also making my first mollasses/sugar wash to try and make my
      own rum and age it in a barrel, I think they use white american oak
      at the distillery.Anyway if you have any info you could pass on from
      your experiences pls contact me at bundaberg_kid@....

      ps.....i also use a reflux still........dextrose IS a load of w*&k
      coz I get a good quality yield with sugar and I run it thru a carbon
      filter after soaking it for about 72 hrs with activated carbon.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <bundy_rum98@h...>
      wrote:
      > Harry, thanks very much for your input. I am using a reflux still
      not a pot still. Would this change your response? I figured you
      > may have interpreted me wrong, dunno. Anyway it's all good, the
      yields weren't that different at all. I am just producing straight
      > ethanol then using flavouring as required. Not to mention the use
      of many and varied oak barrels! 8-)