Fractional Crystallization

  • joe_fuqua
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25 9:26 AM
      Hi, All:

      Anyone have any experience with freezing as a distillation
      technique? I'm aware that it's tough to get much above %25 ABV
      using a standard home freezer, but curious if there's readily
      available equipment for getting closer to 40%.

      Also, interested with thoughts on quality of final product
      (obviously depending on the starting wash). I'm assuming that most
      of what makes up the heads and tails would remain; would charcoal
      filtering remove enough of these?

      Thanks,

      Joe