parrot's beak

  • bradr36
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2005
      Rana, added pictures from the history channel in BR folder(sorry
      about the quality, that's the best i could do) I'll post mine
      tomorrow

      BR
    • Rana Pipiens
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2005
        No problem with quality Brad. I think that I understand it now. Product leaves the still and enters the alcoholmeter tube from the bottom. It fills the tube allowing reading of the %abv and then overflows into the collar around the tube and flows out of that collar through the upper small tube into the collection vessel. What do you do about reading temp when you are taking the %age? Thanks, Rana

        bradr36 <bradr36@...> wrote:
        Rana, added pictures from the history channel in BR folder(sorry
        about the quality, that's the best i could do) I'll post mine
        tomorrow

        BR

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2005
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranawater@y...>
          wrote:
          > No problem with quality Brad. I think that I understand it now.
          Product leaves the still and enters the alcoholmeter tube from the
          bottom. It fills the tube allowing reading of the %abv and then
          overflows into the collar around the tube and flows out of that
          collar through the upper small tube into the collection vessel. What
          do you do about reading temp when you are taking the %age? Thanks,
          Rana

          Read the alcometer, remove the alcometer, insert a thermometer, read
          the temp, calculate necessary adjustment as per instructions that
          came with the alcometer calibration, or find them online.

        • Rana Pipiens
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14, 2005
            Thanks Harry. I guess that was the obvious answer to a stupid question. R.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14, 2005
              wrote:
              > Thanks Harry. I guess that was the obvious answer to a stupid
              question. R.

              The only stupid question is the one never asked.

            • donald holcombe
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 14, 2005
                IGNORANCE is not a SIN if you dont stay that way ! ASK and ye shall RECEIVE.