3 inch column

  • hemo741
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hello

      I'm looking to get some suggestions on how to long to make a 3 inch
      column powered by 3000 watts.
      Thanks

      Hemo
    • Roderick Holmes
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
        Suggestion:

        Make it 2" instead. I don't know where you live, but where I live, 3" copper pipe and the fittings were nowhere to be found. 2" can handle the 3000 watts so long as your condensor you build can handle it.

        Roderick.

        hemo741 <tugar17@...> wrote:

        Hello

        I'm looking to get some suggestions on how to long to make a 3 inch
        column powered by 3000 watts.
        Thanks

        Hemo

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Dean Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
          Hi Hemo,

          If you already have the three inch pipe the thing to remember is the
          longer the column the more reflux the better the end result, I would
          think a minimum of one meter would be a nice lenght. To get three inch
          fittings try an industrial or commercial plumber or plumbing supplies.
          If you dont have the three inch I suggest looking at two inch as
          fittings are easier to come by. Having said that the three inch at the
          same lenght should give better results but make sure you can find or
          make the rest of the parts required first.

          Hope that helps.
          Dean.

          hemo741 <tugar17@...> wrote:

          >Hello
          >
          >I'm looking to get some suggestions on how to long to make a 3 inch
          >column powered by 3000 watts.
          >Thanks
          >
          >Hemo

        • hemo741
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
            Hello

            Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking of an inline design to minimize
            the fittings and I have a source for a 3" flange. I do think I will
            need some sort of adapter or fitting as the flange is for a 3" OD
            pipe while my pipe is 3" ID.

            Hemo

            > Hi Hemo,
            >
            > If you already have the three inch pipe the thing to remember is
            the
            > longer the column the more reflux the better the end result, I
            would
            > think a minimum of one meter would be a nice lenght. To get three
            inch
            > fittings try an industrial or commercial plumber or plumbing
            supplies.
            > If you dont have the three inch I suggest looking at two inch as
            > fittings are easier to come by. Having said that the three inch at
            the
            > same lenght should give better results but make sure you can find
            or
            > make the rest of the parts required first.
            >
            > Hope that helps.
            > Dean.
            >
            > hemo741 <tugar17@h...> wrote:
            >
            > >Hello
            > >
            > >I'm looking to get some suggestions on how to long to make a 3
            inch
            > >column powered by 3000 watts.
            > >Thanks
            > >
            > >Hemo